Sunday, June 8, 2008

A Question to Father's of Girls

Just the other day, I was out with my 19 month old daughter.
I figured we would go and get a bite to eat somewhere.
Then I realized that I had to use the restroom.

What do you do with your child (male or female) when nature calls?

I can't leave her in the car and run into a gas station.
I can't leave her in her highchair at the restaurant table.

Do I bring her in with me?
Am I really expected to set my daughter down on a public restroom floor and have her wait?
She'll end up getting into something while my back is turned to her, won't she?

Do I leave her in the middle of the room while I use a urinal?
Do I bring her into a stall with me?

What is the proper procedure for this situation?

I'm serious here. This is the first time it's come up, but I'm sure it won't be the last, and I'd really like to know what to do.

Please comment.

(Oh, and sorry about bringing up restrooms again, I normally don't talk about them *this* much...)

No comments: