Friday, February 13, 2009

That Train Almost Killed Me!!!

Yes, as some of you may have noticed, I was almost run over by a locomotive the other day.

On 2/11/09 at 2:50a EST, I updated my status:
That train scared me to death! I thought I was going to die. Wow. My heart is *pounding*!

Here's how it went down.

I was done with work early and had picked up some extra jobs
I had just left the first job, and was on my way to the second.
This onvolved crossing over a divided highway.
Since it was late at night, this was easily done, but as I cleared the other side, I quickly crossed over a previously unseen set of train tracks.

Now, I have the habbit of looking up and down train tracks to look for distant trains. My heart *stopped* when I looked right into the light of a train--not even three yards away.

I was in shock. I pulled off to the side of the road and looked behind me. The red crossing lights weren't blinking, the arms weren't down. but there was the train--parked, not moving at all.

No comments: